Elementary Conferences: We are excited to share your student's progress with you! Elementary Conferences will be held Thursday, February 24th - Tuesday, March 8th. Teachers have blocked availability over the course of those two weeks to meet with our families.
- February 24th will serve as the district set night, with conferences being held from 3:30pm - 8:00pm. We would like to invite you to sign up for an onsite conference during that time.
- If that date is not possible for your family to come to the school, please look at the registration link and choose another time your teacher will be available. All conferences scheduled through the link will be held in person.
- Should you need to schedule a virtual conference, please contact your teacher directly. This will allow the teacher time to create a virtual meeting link.
- You will receive an enews with the registration link when the scheduling window opens on Wednesday, February 9 at 7:00am. It will remain open until noon on Wednesday, February 16.
Kindergarten Registration for 22-23: Online Registration is open for students eligible for kindergarten. The student must be 5 years old on for before September 15, 2022. Click here for more information and share with families who have students this age!
Transition to 7th Grade: We would like to invite you and your 6th grader to a meeting on the following dates in the PV Junior High gymnasium to begin assisting with the transition to Pleasant Valley Junior High School. Due to space restrictions, we are limiting attendance to 2 members per family (2 Adults or 1 Adult and 1 Student).
Wednesday, February 23rd from 5:30-6:15pm for students currently attending Hopewell, Bridgeview, Cody and Forest Grove Elementaries.
Wednesday, February 23rd from 7:00-7:45pm for students currently attending Pleasant View and Riverdale Heights Elementaries.
These sessions will be an opportunity to meet the Junior High counseling staff and administration to discuss programs, policies, and procedures at Pleasant Valley Junior High School. We hope to address all of your questions and concerns through this forum. Course selection and course information will be provided to all 6th grade students at the elementary conferences.
7TH Grade Electives: Click here to learn about the PVJH schedule, including electives like orientation, choir, band and orchestra!
Parking Lot Reminder: Please revisit the BV Parking Lot Procedures here as recently, we have observed a lapse in a few areas note below:
- Move slowly in the parking lot and following the defined paths for each lane
- Use crosswalks - please remember we are teaching students to be safe and adult modeling matters.
- Bring a positive attitude to our parking lot and be patient. We will not compromise safety for efficiency.
Thank you for your careful attention to details that make our parking lot run smoothly and most notably be safe for pedestrians and drivers!
Valentine’s Day Parties: A treat from the Spartan Safe Snack List and a fun activity will be provided at the class party. To keep the party safe for all students we ask that you do not attach any food items to valentine cards, even for students to enjoy later. You are welcome to attach items such as pencils or stickers to the valentines.
Spring Concerts: We wanted to get this exciting news on your calendar! Bridgeview will be having an all-school concert during the day on April 21! This is taking the place of our Fine Arts nights. Look for more information in the coming months!
FROM THE PTA:
Our next PTA Meeting will be Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022 at 5:30 PM in the Bridgeview Library. We will follow up the meeting with a social event at the Blue Iguana for a social gathering to get to know each other!
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/vws-tbqj-umg
Or dial: +1 802-487-0837 PIN: 479086333
Volunteer! Parents, we need your help! Please check out the opportunities to give some of your time to the school. It's a great way to be involved and see what's going on at Bridgeview! Volunteering opportunities to help with events for the rest of the school year can be found here
Jump Night at The Play Station in Eldridge will be on March 8th from 5:00-8:00pm.
Skate Night will be on April 19th from 6:00-8:00pm.