As you might recall, back in November we shared that we had designated two weather make-up days on Friday, February 12th and Friday, June 4th. Due to the cancellation today, we have now utilized both of those days and will begin to implement a virtual learning weather day should we have a future weather cancelation To prepare for that day, please note the following information:
General Information for All Grade Levels:
- Should the virtual weather day be prior to February 12th, the hybrid students planning to attend school that day would participate in the virtual learning day. (i.e., Hybrid A Day 4 or Hybrid B Day 1).
- If the virtual day is on or after February 16th, then all students would attend as we are back 100%.
- For the virtual learning days, we will follow the virtual schedule below, not the normal school schedule.
- The virtual learning day for onsite attendees will run on the following schedule:
- 8:00 am - 9:30 am Parents/students will receive an email from the classroom teacher with a schedule and links for lessons and materials.
- 9:30 am - 3:00 pm Synchronous (live) learning opportunities will be provided for students in large and small groups throughout the day.
- Morning Class Meeting - Teachers will greet students and tell them when to join live throughout the day. Students will be asked to participate in lessons in multiple content areas.
- 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Teacher will be available for follow-up and feedback.
- If your student attends 100% online, their schedule will not change due to a weather cancellation.
Junior High and High School:
- The virtual learning day will run on the following schedule:
|Teacher Office Hours||8:00-10:00 am|
|Early Bird||9:30-9:55 am|
|LUNCH - No Classes||11:55-12:25 pm|
|Teacher Office Hours||2:30 - 4:00 pm|
- Teachers will email students with a hangout or zoom link for each class period
Online Learning Expectations for 7-12 Secondary Students
- Attendance will be taken and students will follow their current class period schedule each day.
- Should a snow day occur between Friday, February 5 through Friday, February 12, 100% online students should follow their normal check-in schedule. Beginning Tuesday, February 16, 100% online students will follow their new daily schedule.
- There will be direct synchronous learning every day that includes lecture and interactive activities such as group discussions, breakout sessions, demonstrations, etc. Student cameras should be on to encourage active participation.
- The teachers are available for questions and feedback through the remainder of the period.
- Teachers will post and students will continue to submit all assignments in Google Classroom or Canvas.
Please feel free to reach out to your building principal with additional questions.