8th Period Resource: Beginning Monday, March 22, all 9th graders that don’t currently have an 8th period class will be assigned to 8th period resource. The purpose of 8th period resource is to provide students an opportunity to work on homework in the presence of a staff member while allowing students the opportunity to meet with individual teachers with questions or to get help when necessary. If you have any questions, please contact the High School.
Graduation 2021: We are planning on having graduation on May 30, 2021 at 3:30pm. We are doing everything we can to have a celebration in person this year.
What we know TODAY:
- Due to Illinois Governor Pritzker's emergency proclamations, the TaxSlayer is not approved for more than 50 people. We anticipate that to change as COVID-19 numbers continue to decrease.
- If the TaxSlayer opens with 10% capacity, we will hold the graduation ceremony there without band or choir. Graduates will be allowed 2 tickets.
- If the TaxSlayer opens with 30% capacity, we will hold the graduation ceremony there with band and choir. Graduates will be allowed 8 tickets.
- If we are allowed to hold graduation at the TaxSlayer, suites will be available for $200. (An email will be sent when they are taking reservations.) There will not be any food or beverage service available and the suites must be vacated 15 minutes after the ceremony.
- If the TaxSlayer is not available we will hold graduation in the PVHS Gymnasium on Sunday, May 30th at 3:30pm without the band or choir. Graduates will be allowed 2 tickets.
We understand the Stadium is available; however, if we have inclement weather and move the graduation indoors, we cannot accommodate everyone and it would be a first come first served basis on entry. This is not a fair, nor an achievable situation. As with everything this year, the situation is fluid, but we anticipate holding a LIVE ceremony for our students.
Prom: Prom will be held May 8, 2021. At this time we are determining an appropriate location. RAP Right After Prom will be held at TBK Sports Complex on May 8th from 11PM to 2AM. We will be discussing details over Spring Break, so look for more information in the coming weeks.
Attendance: Parents please contact the Attendance Office 563-332-6132 or 563-332-5151 if your student will be absent due to illness or appointments. You may call ahead for appointments or after hours for illness (please remember to leave 2 symptoms for illness.)
Spring 2021 Academic Awards: Academic Awards at the High School will be awarded during an 8th period presentation for qualifying students on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. An invitation will be emailed to qualifying students.
Yearbooks for the current 2020-2021 school year must be pre-ordered! To reserve your copy of the current year's book (to be distributed in August), please send a check for $75 made out to PVHS to the main office with "yearbook" in the memo. If you aren't sure if you already placed your pre-order during the registration process, you can check by logging into the parent portal, clicking on "fees" and looking for a $75 fee from earlier in the year. You can also call the high school at 563.332.5151 for verification.
Attention parents of seniors:
· Senior photos are due March 22, 2021 and should be submitted online to the following site: images.jostens.com/415563941 . Then, just follow the instructions for uploading your photo. Your photo should be as large of a file size as possible, as that will guarantee that it shows up clearly. You can submit any photo you wish, though we will likely zoom in on the student’s head, shoulders and chest area. The photo must include only the PVHS senior.
· The always popular senior yearbook ads are now for sale and make the perfect lifelong gift for your child! Choose childhood and/or additional senior photos, along with a special message to surprise your student, who will surely treasure the ad for years to come. The order form for these ads can be found here. Space is limited and available on a first reserved basis. If you have any questions, please contact Maureen Dyer, yearbook adviser, at 563.332.5151 or email@example.com.
Work at PV!: Ever thought of joining the PV Team? We have a bunch of jobs open right now from teaching positions to nurses to support staff to food service. Apply here.
Meals Available for At-Home Learners: Starting next week, we will have meals available for 100% online learners. Meals will be available every Monday from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. You’ll pick up all your meals for the entire week. You must fill out this form every week by Monday at 6:00am to register for the meals. Meals are currently free because of a government program.
March 8: 5:30pm PTA Mtg
6:30pm HS Orch Concert
March 9: 6:00pm Drama Bstr Mtg
March 11: 7pm Spartan Showcase IE
March 15: Spring Break
March 22: School Resumes
ATHLETICS & ACTIVITIES
State Basketball: Attention Spartans interested in attending the IHSAA 4A Quarterfinal Boys Basketball game between Pleasant Valley & Waukee on Wednesday, March 10 at 4pm: Click here for general ticket purchase. The ticket information for the PV Student Section is here. Please click here for additional student information. Please contact the HS Activities Office for additional information.
PVGirls Track and Field AdCraft Webstore is now open. This is a great opportunity for students, family, and friends to purchase PVGTF gear this season and it also helps to raise funds to support our team. The AdCraft Webstore will be open until Thursday, March 11th! You can access our webstore at http://adcraftwebstores.com/pleasantvalleygirlstrackandfield2021/. #PVGTF
The Spartans Baseball Team is looking for a manager(s) for this upcoming summer season. Are you interested in Baseball Analytics? Graphic Design? Sports Information? Contact Coach Stecklein at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
PVJH & PVHS Orchestra Concert: Join us Monday, March 8 online for our orchestra concert. Click here for a live stream.
ZAPS Focused Test Prep: Learn more about a seminar that will cover the following:
• Learn tips to improve scores in all subtests
• Practice strategies to eliminate wrong choices
• Take short practice tests that mirror the real test experience
• Reduce test anxiety and gain confidence
• Receive extensive materials for home practice And much, much more!
Quad City Symphony Youth Ensembles audition and application information is now available! Join us for a great year of music! For more info, visit qcso.org/education/youth-ensembles/auditions/.