Stay Home When Sick: We have seen a high number of students visiting the health office within the first hour of school. As a reminder, a child should be kept home when the child’s illness causes one or more of the following:
· Elevated temperature (fever defined as >100 degrees will be sent home and can return after fever free for 24 hours without the use of medication)
· Vomiting and/or diarrhea (can return after 24 hours with no vomiting/diarrhea)
· Child feels unwell: cough, low grade temp, headache, sore throat, allergies that causes disruption and/or prevents the child from participating comfortably in learning.
· An acute change in behavior: lethargy, irritability, persistent crying, difficulty breathing, or new rash.
When in doubt please contact your personal health care provider. We appreciate you working with us to promote the health and safety of our PV community.
Absences: Parents please do not email school employees or counselors, when a student is absent. Please call the ATTENDANCE OFFICE 563-332-6132 or 563-332-5151 if your student will be absent for any reason. You may call ahead for appointments or after hours for illness (please remember to leave 2 symptoms for illness.)
Homecoming Spirit Day Themes: Homecoming week begins next week and we can't wait to see your Spartan Spirit!
With homecoming week right around the corner, Spartan Assembly would like to share this year's homecoming spirit day themes!
- Tuesday, September 7th is twin day
- Wednesday, September 8th is country v. country club
- Thursday, September 9th is decades day
- Friday, September 10th is spartan spirit and homecoming shirt day
Follow @spartanassembly on Instagram or Twitter for homecoming updates and reminders!
Thursday, September 9th Spartan Assembly will be holding the annual Homecoming Parade and Homecoming Carnival! The Homecoming Parade will begin at 6 pm and the Homecoming Carnival will begin right after the parade and end at 8 pm. Be sure to come to the carnival for food trucks, caricature art, pet therapy dogs, games and prizes, and a dunk tank featuring some of your favorite PV teachers! The theme is decades day, and we can't wait to see you all there!
Homecoming Dance Volunteers: We need your help putting on a great Homecoming Dance for our students. As the sponsors of this event, we have some responsibilities including:
· Selling Tickets at the school next week
· Providing some Chaperones at the dance
· Providing bottled water to students at the dance
To accomplish this, we need some volunteers and some donations of bottled water. This is the PTA's only fundraiser of the year and helps us to support our teachers and students throughout the year.
Please see our Facebook page (Pleasant Valley High School PTA) to sign up using Sign Up Genius
Or email me at: Jlacwithers@msn.com
Run with Carl: The race is on! Join us on Monday, September 6 for Run with Carl! You can still register here for the kids ½ mile, kids 1 mile, the 5k, 5 mile. Remember proceeds benefit the Pleasant Valley Educational Foundation’s Scholarship Program!
WORK AT PV! We always have great jobs available! Come join the #SpartanNation! https://bit.ly/3wHDX4y
COLLEGES & CAREERS
ICAN Financial Night: A college education is a worthwhile investment in the future. Unfortunately, it can also be a costly one. To help you understand the financial aid process, the ICAN® is delivering a free presentation on financial aid for seniors and their parents. Join us Tuesday, September 21 at 6:00pm in the PVHS Theater. Topics include:
Financial Aid Process
FAFSA Application Review
Understanding FAFSA Results
Understanding Costs – College Comparisons
Financial Aid Options
Where to Go for Help
To learn more about ICAN, visit www.ICANsucceed.org.