Every year, the Pleasant Valley Community School District meets with elementary parents to discuss learning goals for our students. Curriculum Night empowers parents to support student learning by providing a variety of resources that align with teachers' plan for the entire year.
Normally, we invite parents to school for Curriculum Night, but this year will not be meeting in the buildings or virtually. Instead, teachers will send you a video that will walk you through an overview of the classroom and each subject and what expectations are for students throughout the year. You'll receive this video, along with additional resources on Tuesday, September 8.
PV’s 2020-21 ELEMENTARY CURRICULUM NIGHT OVERVIEW
- Our focus is to help your child be successful at school this year!
- Overview of the school year
- Setting your child up for success!
- Focus on positive parent/school partnerships
- Tips for helping your child be successful at school...Classroom expectations, schedule, procedure, etc.
- Supports for technology usage
Links to grade-level CURRICULUM and INSTRUCTION SLIDES can be found below.
1st Grade Presentation
2nd Grade Presentation
3rd Grade Presentation
4th Grade Presentation
5th Grade Presentation
6th Grade Presentation
Please feel free to reach out to the SPECIALS TEACHERS in your child’s school with questions about instruction!
You can find additional TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT for families here:
- Seesaw for Parents
- A Parent’s Guide to Google Classroom
- For more information for Google Classroom users on turning in work and google calendars, click here.
- For more information for Google Classroom users on managing assignments, click here.