Elementary Conferences will start the week of November 2 and will be in a virtual format. As in past years, we will use the PTC Fast Online Scheduling program. The online scheduling system will allow parents to select the time to meet with teachers that is easy and convenient for them. The scheduling window will open up on Friday, October 16th at 7:00 a.m. and will remain open until NOON on Friday, October 23rd.
Please use the following steps located below.
- If you have access to a computer please enter the following link by school
- Choose your teacher from the list available.
- Enter your student’s first and last name, your email address and name.
- Please note: if you have two students with the same teacher, you will have to schedule appointments for each student.
- To confirm your identity and email address, PTC Fast will send you a confirmation email.
- Click on the link in the email to see a screen showing all available times for your parent-teacher conference. Click on whichever time is most convenient for you.
- The system will send you a confirmation email with the date and time you have reserved. Please SAVE this email. That email will include a link that allows you to change your appointment time later if you so desire.
- The confirmation email will also include the link to your virtual conference under “Location”
- The system will send you a reminder a few days before your conference.
Helpful tips for conferences
- If your teacher has selected Google Meet or Zoom for your virtual conference, you will receive a reminder and a link through an email account that you provide. In order to enter the Google Meet, parents must use a personal GMAIL account or your student’s @pleasval.org google account.
- Do not request to enter your conference until the scheduled time. This will interrupt the conference before you and can cause issues for other families. If you attempt to enter too early, the teacher will deny your request. If it is denied twice, you will not be able to enter the conference. You can avoid all of this by requesting to enter the conference at your scheduled time.
- Make sure you are following good virtual meeting practices.
- Have a strong internet connection
- Be in a place with few distractions, i.e. at home or the office
- The conferences will be scheduled for 20 minutes in length
- Specials teachers will be available for conferences by request.
STANDARDS-BASED REPORT CARDS
We are excited about our newly-updated elementary report card! The new progress report will
- Provide a better and more accurate communication tool for families
- Align to the district’s curriculum and expectations for learners
- Focus on your child's strengths and successes
- Communicate progress toward mastery of end-of year goals
Please explore these resources prior to meeting with your child's teacher at the fall Parent Teacher Conference.