Pleasant Valley High School will be using the PTC Fast Online Scheduling program for Parent-Teacher conferences for the 2020-2021 school year. The online scheduling system will allow parents to select the time to meet with teachers that is easy and convenient for them. The scheduling window will open up on Thursday, October 22nd at 7:00 a.m. and will remain open until NOON on Wednesday, October 28th.
Please use the following steps located below.
- If you have access to a computer please enter the following link: https://www.ptcfast.com/schools/Pleasant_Valley_Community_School_District_VIRTUAL_2020 At that web address, you will be asked to choose the teachers you would like to meet with. After submitting your choices it will ask for your student’s first and last name, your email address and name.
- Please note: if you have two students with the same teacher, you will have to schedule appointments for each student.
- To confirm your identity and email address, PTC Fast will send you a confirmation email.
- Click on the link in the email to see a screen showing all available times for your parent-teacher conference. Click on whichever time is most convenient for you.
- The system will send you a confirmation email with the date and time you have reserved. Please SAVE this email. That email will include a link that allows you to change your appointment time later, if you so desire.
- The confirmation email will also include the link to your virtual conference under “Location”
- The system will send you a reminder a few days before your conference.
NEW THIS YEAR
- To log into your conference through the google meet link you will receive in your automatic reminder email mentioned above, you must use a personal GMAIL account or your student’s pleasval.org google account.
- Do not request to enter your conference until the scheduled time. This will interrupt the conference before you and can cause issues for other families. If you attempt to enter too early, the teacher will deny your request. If it is denied twice, you will not be able to enter the conference. You can avoid all of this by requesting to enter the conference at your scheduled time.
- Make sure you are following good virtual meeting practices.
- Have a strong internet connection
- Be in a place with few distractions, i.e. at home or the office
- The conferences will be scheduled for 6 minutes in length, but we ask both instructors and parents to complete the conference within 5 minutes to allow the conferences to remain on schedule. To further assist with keeping conferences on schedule, please do not schedule back to back conferences.
If you do not have access to a computer, please call the High School to schedule your conference. Please dial 563-332-5151 and ask for Dawn Taghon.
We appreciate your cooperation!
Please feel free to contact the Main Office at 563-332-5151 with any questions.