It's been a few years since we have been able to welcome visitors to lunch. I'm pleased to be able to allow parents and guardians the opportunity to eat lunch with their child at Pleasant View again. Once at the school, visitors must check in at the office and receive a visitor badge. Anyone wanting to go through the lunch line must notify the main office prior to 8:50am on the day of their visit. Here are the times we serve lunch each day.
- 1st Grade - 11:00
- 2nd Grade - 11:10
- 3rd Grade - 11:30
- Kindergarten - 11:40
- 4th Grade - 12:00
- 5th Grade - 12:10
- 6th Grade - 12:25
Anyone who joins their child for lunch needs to be aware of our cafeteria procedures for visitors. Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that we published for families prior to the pandemic. These FAQs are posted on each of our visitor tables in the cafeteria.
Am I able to sit and eat with my child’s class during their lunch?
- All visitors must eat lunch with their child at the tables designated for visitors.
- In order to ensure that all of our children have a seat within their designated grade level section, Pleasant View has 3 cafeteria tables established for visitors and their children. On occasion, we set up an additional table if necessary. If all of our visitors ended up sitting with their children within their grade level section, we would run out of room for the kids. This is why we set up tables specifically for our visitors and their children.
Is my child allowed to invite friends to sit with them when I come to eat lunch with them?
- Children are not allowed to have a friend sit with them at the visitors’ table. This has caused hurt feelings in the past.
When should my child throw away their trash and go outside for recess if we come to eat lunch with them?
- It is our procedure to turn off the lights and give dismissal directions to each grade level prior to recess. Therefore, any child sitting and eating with visitors should wait to throw away their trash until their grade level announcement has been made.
- Following your child’s grade level announcement about dismissal, our cafeteria supervisors will begin dismissing individual tables within your child’s grade level section. Once your child’s grade level tables begin to be dismissed, your child may throw away their trash and head to recess.
May I use my cell phone while eating lunch with my child in the cafeteria?
- No, cell phones are a distraction while eating lunch with your child.
Please feel free to contact Mr. Cotton if there are questions about any of this information.