Arconic Science Achievement Scholarship
Arconic is a global leader in lightweight metals engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions. The company is based in the Pleasant Valley Community School District and has been a tireless supporter of the Pleasant Valley Educational Foundation. The Pleasant Valley Science Department offers 16 courses, including AP Physics 1 and 2, as well as AP Chemistry. Our students take part in hands on experiments that focus on problem solving and discovering what the building blocks of our world can do to advance humankind. This scholarship honors a student who has excelled in this field of study. The awardee is chosen by the faculty of Science Department. Each awardee will demonstrate the following:
1. Needs to be well prepared by their K-12 experiences and to pursue some form of postsecondary education to expand and refine their skills and background
2. Academic Preparation – the ability to reason, solve problems, apply knowledge, and communicate effectively
3. Interpersonal Skills – the ability to work effectively with others
4. Professional Behaviors – responsibility and dependability
5. Community Mindedness – a commitment to being involved
Criteria to Apply:
- Science faculty will select the senior applicant who best exemplifies the characteristics of the New Leaders’ Scholarship Program.
- Plan to attend a college or vocational school upon graduation.
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us why you've chosen your field of study.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us what your plans are after your post-secondary education is complete.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us about one of the following: your ability to problem solve, work with others, and/or your dedication to the community.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us how you've overcome an obstacle.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us anything else about yourself you think the selection committee would like to know.
Click here to Apply for a Scholarship
Past Scholarship Recipients
2022 Carter Dougherty
2021 Alexander Xiao
2020 Aditya Desai
2019 Tristan McMillan
2018 Daniel Romans
2017 Emily Suen
2016 Austin Thompson
2015 Mary Sears
2014 Anna Rodriguez
2013 Louis Redmond
2012 Emma Thompson
2011 Lindsey Jipp
2010 William Horvat
2009 Daniel Morse
2008 James Pastrnak
2007 Emily Batkie
2006 Deidre Gordon
2005 Alex Lambert
2004 Kristen Derhaag
2003 Jill Seeba