Dr. Vijay Rajendran Family Scholarship
The Rajendran Family Scholarship fund supports a Pleasant Valley High School senior pursuing advanced studies in the biological sciences each year. The family has lived in the school district for nearly 20 years and includes an alumna of Pleasant Valley High School. Following the commitment of Cardiovascular Medicine PC to the high school and the community, Dr. Rajendran and family wish to continue to support young people in the sciences.
Criteria to Apply:
- Be a graduating senior of PVHS
- Senior applicant pursuing advanced studies in the biological sciences with a demonstrated record of high academic achievement in the classroom with a strong GPA
- Consideration is given to female applicants to encourage greater participation in the sciences
- Student with expressed financial need
- Proven commitment of service to the community and excellence of character are required.
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us why you've chosen your field of study.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us what your plans are after your post-secondary education is complete.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us about one of the following: your ability to problem solve, work with others, and/or your dedication to the community.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us how you've overcome an obstacle.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us anything else about yourself you think the selection committee would like to know.
Click here to Apply for a Scholarship
Past Scholarship Recipients
2022 Kennedy Brady
2021 Aditi Parab
2020 Siobhan Morley
2019 Ada Duncan
2018 Naina Ninan
2017 Emily Bruinsma
2016 Hannah McDonald
2015 Yang Zhang Shao
2014 Benjamin Bruster
2013 Karl Weaver
2012 Ashley Madison
2011 Lara Quast
2010 Katelyn Benge
2009 Matthew Kraciun
2009 Madeline Knott
2008 Samantha Stephenson
*Named the Cardiovascular Medical Group Scholarship before 2014