We can’t wait to welcome our PV students back on August 23! In the meantime, parents and guardians can find everything the need to know for a successful transition back to school here:
Meet & Greet and Back to School Nights welcome students back to school prior to the first day of classes. Dates and times vary based on grade level as outlined below:
- Elementary Schools: 1st - 6th Grade: August 21st, 4:30 - 6:00 p.m. Families will sign up for a specific time between 4:30 pm and 6:00pm. This allows our teachers to spend time with each family as they bring in their supplies. A Meet & Greet sign up will be sent via email once teacher assignments are released.
- Kindergarten: August 28, 4:30-5:30 p.m
- Junior High:
- August 16: Back to School Day, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Families can visit the school and walk schedules
- August 17, 21, 22: Self-Guided Tours, 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.- Families can visit the school and walk schedules
- High School:
- August 14, 15: Building and Office Open for fee payments, lunch deposits, etc. for all students from 10:00am - 12:00 p.m. Building will be open for incoming 9th graders to familiarize themselves with the building and to walk their schedules. We ask that you limit your visit to 30 minutes. The building will also be open from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m., however, the office will be closed.
- August 19: PVHS VIRTUAL Open House at 7:00 p.m. - Building will be closed. Please log in to your student’s Google classroom and watch each teacher’s short video. This is an opportunity for parents to gain information about performance expectations and curriculum content in each class. Detailed information to come.
- August 21: Special Education Open House 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Elementary School Supply List
- Junior High School Supply List
- High School supply needs will be given to students by teachers on the first day of classes.
- Kindergarten: On August 25, Kindergarten parents will receive communication from the school with teacher assignment and start date information. Half of the kindergarten class will attend on August 29th and 31st (Tuesday/Thursday) and half of the kindergarten class will attend on August 30th and September 1st (Wednesday/Friday). Both groups will join together and attend daily starting on September 5th.
- 1st - 5th Grade Students: Infinite Campus Parent Portal opens to access homeroom teacher assignments on August 14.
- Junior High Students: Infinite Campus Parent Portal opens to access schedules with teacher assignments on August 16, 2023.
- High School Students: Infinite Campus Parent Portal opens to access schedules on August 14.
If your student is riding the bus, you will learn your bus assignment through the parent portal. Bus assignments will be made in mid-August and we will alert you when they are available. Bus assignments could change up to the night before school starts, so check back often!
Want to know what’s for lunch today? Click here for breakfast and lunch menus.
FREE & REDUCED MEALS: Your family may qualify for free or reduced-price meals by filling out the Iowa Application for Free & Reduced Price School Meals/Milk. To begin your online free and reduced application, please log in to your Parent Portal Account here. If you do not have an account please call our Administration Center at 563-332-5550. Please note that the Free and Reduced application must be accessed from the Portal website link above; it is not available through the Portal Mobile App.
- Once logged in, click the link for “Applications/Forms” on the left
- Select “Click to start meal benefit application”
- After your application has been processed you will receive a notification in your parent portal inbox.
- If you are unable to complete the online application please click here.
If you have questions about our Food Service Program, please contact Food Service Director, Corie Gamble, at 563-332-5550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PV wants to keep you in the know. Pleasant Valley schools send out #SpartanNation weekly email with important dates, events, and community opportunities for your school. Make sure you check your inboxes every Friday afternoon, so you don’t miss a thing! To assure that your email provider will not block email
communications, please add this email address to your safe senders list: email@example.com. Pleasant Valley will not give email lists to anyone outside of the district. If you do not have access to email, information is available in the school office.
Information you give us during registration automatically signs you up for emails, texts and phone calls. If you’d like to add or change that information, please click here to manage your preferences.
If you have any questions, contact our Director of Communications, Heather Larson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.