Bettendorf Rotary Scholarship Honoring Chuck Mooney, William Stradt, and Rich & Dee James
The Rotary Club of Bettendorf was chartered in 1957. With nearly 100 local members, we join more than 1.2 million Rotarians around the world – some 32,000 clubs – in support of the simple notion of “Service Above Self.” Rotarians believe they can make a difference around the block, and around the world. The Bettendorf Rotary also believes in students, our next generation of leaders. Our commitment to education has been demonstrated in the creation of the Bettendorf Rotary Foundation. This Foundation is funded solely by members of our club and has the singular purpose of providing ongoing scholarship opportunities for local students. Although all Bettendorf Rotarians contribute to our foundation, some have made significant gifts to assure the perpetuity of our commitment to scholarships. Major Donor Rotarians to our foundation include Charles J. Mooney, William J. Stradt, and Rich & Dee James.
Criteria to Apply:
- Must be a graduating Senior from PVHS who has demonstrated leadership, academic success, and a spirit of willing service to others
- Must include two letters of recommendations – one from a PVHS staff member (teacher or counselor) and one from someone in the community
- Plan to attend a post-secondary institution upon graduation
- A GPA satisfactory for college admission
- Students who receive the Bettendorf Rotary Scholarship are required to attend at least one Bettendorf Rotary meeting during the award year
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us why you've chosen your field of study.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us what your plans are after your post-secondary education is complete.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us about one of the following: your ability to problem solve, work with others, and/or your dedication to the community.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us how you've overcome an obstacle.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us anything else about yourself you think the selection committee would like to know.
- Tell why the Rotary motto of “Service Above Self” is important?
- Explain why you deserve this scholarship. Include any factors not mentioned on this application that you would like considered
Click here to Apply for a Scholarship
Past Scholarship Recipients
2022 Claire Horsfield & Alyse Zuiderveen
2021 Elizabeth Pischke & Megan Strusz
2020 Kadin Kruse & Madeline Licea
2019 Caroline Christophersen & Cecilie Schieffer
2018 Ashlyn Haack & Collin Smith
2017 Lillian Jones & Elizabeth Zupancic
2016 Diana Wu & Rebecca Fuhrmeister
2015 Branden Arends & Gabrielle Petkova
2014 Kelsey Clingingsmith & Shraddha Kumar
2013 Morgan Kennedy & Dionne Riley
2012 Robert DCamp & Morgan Kennedy
2011 Brooke Bierhaus & Jori Colarusso
2010 Claira Hart
2009 Rachel Iltis
2006 Sara Castillo
2004 Sunita Saigal