Bill & Ellen Stradt Family “Information Technology” Scholarship
The Ellen & Bill Stradt Family have been long supporters of the Pleasant Valley Community School District. Bill started working for Mel Foster Co., Inc. while still a student at Bettendorf High School. He graduated from Northeast Missouri State University majoring in business and earned his Army Lieutenant’s bars through ROTC. After service as platoon leader with the 52nd Engineer Battalion, Fort Carson Colorado, he joined Mel Foster’s Bettendorf office in 1976. Bill has been president of the Greater Davenport Board of Realtors, the Iowa Association of Realtors, president of the Scott County Home Builders Association and president of the Bettendorf Chamber of Commerce, as well as the national director for the National Association of Realtors for 15 years.
This scholarship honors a student who has excelled in this field of study. The awardee is chosen by the faculty of the Information Technology Department. Each awardee will demonstrate the following:
1. Needs to be well prepared by their K-12 experiences and to pursue some form of postsecondary education to expand and refine their skills and background
2. Academic Preparation – the ability to reason, solve problems, apply knowledge, and communicate effectively
3. Interpersonal Skills – the ability to work effectively with others
4. Professional Behaviors – responsibility and dependability
5. Community Mindedness – a commitment to being involved
Criteria to Apply:
- Information Technology and the computer applications/programming faculty will select the senior applicant who best exemplifies the characteristics of the New Leaders’ Scholarship Program.
- Plan to attend a college or vocational school upon graduation.
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us why you've chosen your field of study.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us what your plans are after your post-secondary education is complete.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us about one of the following: your ability to problem solve, work with others, and/or your dedication to the community.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us how you've overcome an obstacle.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us anything else about yourself you think the selection committee would like to know.
Click here to Apply for a Scholarship
Past Scholarship Recipients
2022 Vrindha Vegiraju
2021 Courtney Mohr
2020 Brady Meenan
2019 Rian Lamarque
2018 Payton Krueger
2017 Alexis Cordts
2016 Rachel Preston
2015 Allison Theisen
2014 Alfred Boeh
2013 Kevin Hhonston
2012 Annmarie Ulrich
2011 Nicholas Cervantes
2010 Matthew Brown
2009 Laura Blunk
2008 Danielle Winter
2007 Gordon Mueller
2006 Adam Cook
2005 Mark Kaiser
2004 Rachel Chamley
2003 Allan Allport