Carolyn & Joseph Martin Family Scholarship
Carolyn and Joseph Martin moved to Bettendorf in 1994, and felt fortunate to discover an extended family with the PV school community. Their two children graduated from Pleasant Valley High School, Anne in 2001 and Sam in 2013, and both benefited tremendously from the educational opportunities available to them. Shortly before they started high school, Pleasant Valley initiated the Service Learning requirement for graduation. Both were active in a variety of sports and extra-curricular activities, but their time spent volunteering provided unusual and meaningful learning opportunities for them. Service to others opens our minds to the broader world around us, and enhances the educational experience.
With this scholarship the Martin family hopes to honor a Pleasant Valley senior who has helped others through exemplary volunteer or service work.
Criteria to Apply:
- Be a graduating senior from PVHS
- Planning on post-secondary education with a GPA and ACT consistent with college admission
- Has sought to make a difference through their service to others (this service can be to community, school or church)
- Been involved in student activities during high school
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- Demonstrate how your work has helped you overcome an obstacle or achieved a goal for your team, group or organization.
Past Scholarship Recipients
2020 Katherine Garner
2019 Lily Williams
2018 Vivek Joshi
2017 Reagan Putnam
2016 Allison Ocel
2015 Bethany Piotter
2014 Evan Foley
2013 Rachael Barnes