David and Michelle Caring and Compassion Scholarship (est. 2022)
This scholarship recognizes students that exemplified carried and compassion throughout their years at PVHS. The Scholarship is available to graduating PVHS seniors planning to continue their education.
As a part of the application process, applicants are to submit a resume. Resumes are suggested to be organized by the academic year.
The resume would 1) identify individual caring acts; 2) provide details relating to the helping behaviors involved and 3) describe any significant experiences that the applicant might want to share.
Examples that applications would want to include are:
- Acts showing caring and compassion for the welfare of others at PVHS.
- Behaviors creating a more inclusive and welcoming atmosphere at PVHS.
- Efforts that help fellow students academically and socially at PVHS.
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us why you've chosen your field of study.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us what your plans are after your post-secondary education is complete.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us about one of the following: your ability to problem solve, work with others, and/or your dedication to the community.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us how you've overcome an obstacle.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us anything else about yourself you think the selection committee would like to know.