Dlouhy Family Scholarship
The Dlouhy Family Scholarship was created by Larry and Gloria Dlouhy. The Dlouhy family had four children that graduated from Pleasant Valley High School between the years of 1997 and 2007 - Lisa class of 1997, Sara class of 1999, Derek class of 2002, and Katie class of 2007. During those years the district provided them with an excellent education, as well as opportunities to participate in a variety of extracurricular activities, including band, newspaper/yearbook, sports, art, student council/spartan assembly, and volunteering. The family ran a manufacturing company in the Quad Cities for 27 years and sponsored many school activities and organizations and are happy to support the district through this scholarship program.
This scholarship was created for a Pleasant Valley senior who demonstrates hard work, who serves others, and who is dedicated to furthering their education.
Criteria to Apply:
- Recipient must enroll in a community college, technical program, or a state university
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us why you've chosen your field of study.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us what your plans are after your post-secondary education is complete.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us about one of the following: your ability to problem solve, work with others, and/or your dedication to the community.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us how you've overcome an obstacle.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us anything else about yourself you think the selection committee would like to know.
If you choose to attend an educational institution that does not meet the criteria for this scholarship, your scholarship may be revoked.
Past Scholarship Recipients
2022 Damien Hermann
2021 Aslynn Brown
2020 Samuel Eliasen
2019 Danielle Nauman