Family & Consumer Sciences Achievement Scholarship
Students enrolled in our awarding-winning Family & Consumer Sciences classes at PVHS will be exposed to hands-on technical skills that may lead to employment in the areas of child development, fashion and apparel industry, interior design, and the food service industry. It emphasizes practical skills needed by every citizen. In addition, these classes provide for the development of communication techniques and human relation skills necessary to enhance personal and professional development.
This scholarship is one of 12 scholarships awarded and financed solely by the Pleasant Valley Educational Foundation, which raises funds through several events throughout the year. This scholarship honors a student who has excelled in this field of study. The awardee is chosen by the faculty in the FCS Department. Each awardee will demonstrate the following:
1. Needs to be well prepared by their K-12 experiences and to pursue some form of postsecondary education to expand and refine their skills and background.
2. Academic Preparation – the ability to reason, solve problems, apply knowledge, and communicate effectively.
3. Interpersonal Skills – the ability to work effectively with others
4. Professional Behaviors – responsibility and dependability.
5. Community Mindedness – a commitment to being involved.
Criteria to Apply:
- Family & Consumer Sciences faculty will select the senior applicant who best exemplifies the characteristics of the New Leaders’ Scholarship Program
- Plans to attend a college or vocational school upon graduation.
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us why you've chosen your field of study.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us what your plans are after your post-secondary education is complete.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us about one of the following: your ability to problem solve, work with others, and/or your dedication to the community.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us how you've overcome an obstacle.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us anything else about yourself you think the selection committee would like to know.
Click here to Apply for a Scholarship
Past Scholarship Recipients
2022 Alexis Lindauer
2021 Ella Speich
2020 Brandon Young
2019 Samantha Riley
2018 Katherine Harris
2017 Emma Hartman
2016 Isabel Noble
2015 Kate Peer
2014 Elizabeth Deasy
2013 Theodor Joers
2012 Liza Dollenbacher
2011 Joselyn Howland
2010 Karly Evans
2009 Tracie Hildebrandt
2008 Cortney Sievert
2007 Lea Behncke
2006 Emily Paper
2005 Megan Cavanaugh
2004 Jessica Weiler
2003 Kathryn Hale