Hopewell Elementary Achievement Scholarship
Hopewell Elementary opened in the 2011-12 school year. Starting as a two-section school, it quickly grew to a four-section school by the 2013-14 school year. Thousands of students started their pursuit of excellence at Hopewell Elementary. This scholarship honors such a student and is chosen by the Administration/Counseling Office. This scholarship is one of 12 scholarships awarded and financed solely by the Pleasant Valley Educational Foundation, which raises funds through several events throughout the year.
Each awardee will demonstrate the following:
- Needs to be well prepared by their K-12 experiences and to pursue some form of postsecondary education to expand and refine their skills and background
- Academic Preparation – the ability to reason, solve problems, apply knowledge, and communicate effectively
- Interpersonal Skills – the ability to work effectively with others
- Professional Behaviors – responsibility and dependability
- Community Mindedness – a commitment to being involved
Criteria to Apply:
- Administration/Counselors will select the senior applicant who attended Hopewell Elementary School and who best exemplifies the characteristics of the New Leaders’ Scholarship Program
- Plan to attend a college or vocational school upon graduation
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us why you've chosen your field of study.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us what your plans are after your post-secondary education is complete.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us about one of the following: your ability to problem solve, work with others, and/or your dedication to the community.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us how you've overcome an obstacle.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us anything else about yourself you think the selection committee would like to know.
Click here to Apply for a Scholarship
Past Scholarship Recipients
2022 Nathan Romans
2021 Ahmed Baig
2020 Maya Johnson
2019 Angel Pandit
2018 Jacob Vincel