J. Andrew Green Memorial Scholarship
J. Andrew Green M.D. was a 1988 graduate of Pleasant Valley High School. In 2009, Andy became the first PV graduate to be named posthumously to the high school Wall of Honor. He graduated from Princeton University with a B.A. in Biology. He then continued with his education graduating from Dartmouth Medical School in 1996 and did his Family Practice Residency from 1996-1999 at the University of Minnesota. Upon completion of his residency, he was a Family Practice Physician until his death.
Andrew was a respected and loved family physician in Lakeville, Minnesota. In the spring of 2007, Dr. Green was diagnosed with cancer and passed away in May of 2008. The Green family presents this memorial scholarship in Andy’s name to a Pleasant Valley graduating senior who plans to pursue a career in medicine.
Criteria to Apply:
- Be a graduating senior of PVHS
- Plan to attend a four-year college
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Will be selected by the Guidance Office and Administration as the senior applicant who has demonstrated qualities of positive leadership and has exhibited positive citizenship in school and in the community
- Must profess a sincere goal of pursuing a post-graduate degree in a field of patient-oriented medicine
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- Describe your education plans and career goals. Why are you interested in the field of medicine as a career choice and what in your life has influenced you to aspire to this vocational goal?
Past Scholarship Recipients:
2020 Margaret Huang
2019 Divya Vashisht
2018 Megan Collins
2017 Ellie Kurth
2016 Cortland Johns
2015 Shipra Verma
2014 Loraine Arikat
2013 Arham Pasha
2012 Blake Letney
2011 Saraja Pandit