J. Fred & Maxine Green Family Scholarship
Dr. J. Fred Green, Maxine and their four sons moved to the Quad Cities in 1979 and have had a close relationship with the Pleasant Valley School District ever since. Dr. Green served as the Spartan football volunteer physician from 1979 until his retirement in 2006. Maxine was an English and Special Education teacher at Pleasant Valley High School from 1984 until her retirement in 1999. All four boys graduated from Pleasant Valley: J.F. in 1979, Dan in 1982, Steve in 1984 and Andy in 1988.
While attending Pleasant Valley, all four Green brothers were active in numerous sports for all four years and were involved in various musical activities at the high school.
With this scholarship the Green family intends to honor the PV senior who plans to attend a four-year college and reflects the Green family values of leadership and commitment of high standards towards school and community.
Criteria to Apply:
- Be a graduating Senior of PVHS
- The Guidance Office & Administration will select the senior applicant who has demonstrated qualities of leadership and has exhibited positive citizenship in school and in the community
- The student must plan to attend a four-year college
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be a four-year participant in athletics and have participated in a high school or community music program which includes high school band, orchestra, or chorus; or community activities including church choir or private instruction.
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us why you've chosen your field of study.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us what your plans are after your post-secondary education is complete.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us about one of the following: your ability to problem solve, work with others, and/or your dedication to the community.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us how you've overcome an obstacle.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us anything else about yourself you think the selection committee would like to know.
Past Scholarship Recipients
2022 Ella Scales
2021 Kalen Bunch
2020 Sophie Curtis
2019 Anna Griffin
2018 Hannah Allen
2017 Andrew Wendel
2016 Bobbi Malmgren
2015 Rachel Miller
2014 Chloe Nelson
2013 Brenna German
2012 Kathleen Burke
2011 Adam Scott
2010 Thomas McGee
2009 Adrienne Zimmer
2008 Alisha Saigal
2007 Jeremy Hoffmann