Jeffrey J. Donahue Memorial Scholarship
The Jeffrey J. Donahue Memorial Scholarship was created by his friends, colleagues and family to provide financial assistance to students wishing to pursue a career in a business or IT related field.
Jeff Donahue was born November 5, 1969 in Sterling, Illinois. He attended the University of Iowa where he graduated with both a degree in Accounting and Masters in Business Administration. Jeff was a business partner at Tech Systems Inc, a business software development company.
Jeff was the father of three Pleasant Valley students, Carly, Rory, and Jack Donahue, when he died unexpectedly on September 13, 2008. As a father he was a great proponent of Pleasant Valley’s academic reputation and an avid supporter of its athletics.
Criteria to Apply:
- Be a graduating senior of PVHS who plans to attend a post-secondary institution upon graduation
- Interested in pursuing a career in a business or IT related field
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 after seven semesters of high school
- The successful candidate will have participated in at least one sport each year while a student at PVHS
- Applicants should be a person of good character, a leader, and have a positive attitude on life
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- How has having a positive attitude been an important attribute in your life?
Past Scholarship Recipients
2021 Cedric Ragins & Jacob Townsend
2020 Ashish Abraham & Morgan McCartney
2019 Creighton Clausen & Shashank Inampudi
2018 David Mathews & Grace Necker
2017 Damandeep Riat & Terry Saul
2016 Lana Lindstrom & Nickolas Schwake
2015 Michael Cronk & Caleb Wilson
2014 Cameron Hinton & Mackenzie Werning
2013 Anna Cullinan & Alison Oppel
2012 Erika Baker & Kayla Lindstrom
2011 Andrew Hartman & Graham Ward
2010 Michael Kardell & William McClure