Jeffrey J. Donahue Memorial Scholarship
The Jeffrey J. Donahue Memorial Scholarship was created by his friends, colleagues and family to provide financial assistance to students wishing to pursue a career in a business or IT related field.
Jeff Donahue was born November 5, 1969 in Sterling, Illinois. He attended the University of Iowa where he graduated with both a degree in Accounting and Masters in Business Administration. Jeff was a business partner at Tech Systems Inc, a business software development company.
Jeff was the father of three Pleasant Valley students, Carly, Rory, and Jack Donahue, when he died unexpectedly on September 13, 2008. As a father he was a great proponent of Pleasant Valley’s academic reputation and an avid supporter of its athletics.
Criteria to Apply:
- Be a graduating senior of PVHS who plans to attend a post-secondary institution upon graduation
- Interested in pursuing a career in a business or IT related field
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 after seven semesters of high school
- The successful candidate will have participated in at least one sport each year while a student at PVHS
- Applicants should be a person of good character, a leader, and have a positive attitude on life
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- How has having a positive attitude been an important attribute in your life?
Past Scholarship Recipients:
2017 Damandeep Riat
2017 Terry Saul
2016 Lana Lindstrom
2016 Nickolas Schwake
2015 Michael Cronk
2015 Caleb Wilson
2014 Cameron Hinton
2014 Mackenzie Werning
2013 Alison Oppel
2013 Anna Cullinan
2012 Kayla Lindstrom
2012 Erika Baker
2011 Graham Ward
2011 Andrew Hartman
2010 William McClure
2010 Michael Kardell