LeClaire Lions Club Service Scholarship
The LeClaire Lions Club was chartered in 1974. Lions Clubs are recognized worldwide for service to people. Today, Lions extend their commitment to sight and hearing conservation and to youth programs throughout the world. LeClaire Lions Club cooperates with the University of Iowa Eye Bank and with cochlear implants to hearing impaired.
Founded in 1917, the association’s motto is “We Serve.” Known primarily for supporting programs to fight the major causes of preventable and reversible blindness, the Lions Clubs are groups of service-minded men and women who are interested in improving their communities. Lions Clubs International is the world’s largest service club organization with 1.3 million members in 45,000 clubs in 205 countries and geographic areas. Lions are men and women who volunteer their time to humanitarian causes. Because Lions Clubs are local, each individual club has an opportunity to serve the unique needs of their communities. And because Lions Clubs are global, Lions Clubs International can address challenges that go beyond borders.
The Guidance Office and a representative of LeClaire Lions Club will select the student that Most exemplifies the Lions’ motto of “We Serve.”
Criteria to Apply:
- Be a graduating senior of PVHS
- Student who has gone beyond the community service requirements for graduation
- Special consideration will be given to a student that has served those with sight and/or hearing impairments
- Special consideration will be given for the student with the greatest financial need
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- Personal Statement 1: How has the Service Learning Requirement provided you the impetus to go above and beyond what was required?
- Personal Statement 2: Describe circumstances in your family that illustrate financial need.
Past Scholarship Recipients:
2017 Rachel Rector
2016 Teah Orozco
2015 Sarah Bubbers
2014 Samuel Mathews
2014 Jacqueline Colarusso
2013 Sarah Bumann
2012 Layne Anderson
2011 Taylor Harrington
2010 Johnathan Guberud