Ozzie Osterberg “Team Spirit” Scholarship
Earl “Ozzie” Osterberg graduated from Davenport High, in 1956, where he competed all four years in football and baseball. He was the top short stop in the area, but went on to serve in the United States Marine Corps. Upon completion of his military stint, Ozzie returned home to work and play competitive Men’s Fastpitch for a team that competed in the World Series three times. He married Bonnie on September 25, 1965 and raised five children. Ozzie worked 30 years as a fire fighter for the City of Davenport. He has always been a hard worker, but spends his down time watching ball games.
This scholarship is possible thanks to dozens of generous donors who wanted to honor Ozzie for his dedication to PV.
*Students do not apply, but are nominated by Coaches/Athletic Department*
Criteria for Scholarship:
- be a Pleasant Valley High School senior female athlete
- symbolizes the values of teamwork
- embodies the spirit of Ozzie Osterberg
- views from a lense of “what’s best for my team”
- work ethic
- have participated in the sport for four years through their senior year
A female softball athlete will be given first preference, but it can go to an individual from any team.