Schillig Family Scholarship
Carl D. Schillig died at age 15, following a car-pedestrian accident, on September 17, 1994, when just beginning his freshman year at Pleasant Valley High School. The Schillig Family’s life was greatly altered. In the days and years following, they continued receiving loving support from family, friends, and the Quad City community, including Pleasant Valley Schools. The Labor Day Run with Carl has allowed the Schilligs to perpetuate his Carl’s life through memorial scholarships and continues to give incentive to “live on” in spite of this life changing event. Carl’s family offers this scholarship to a student achieving graduation after having endured “life altering” circumstances during their high school years.
Criteria to Apply:
- Student plans on pursuing post-secondary training
- List one teacher or community member we can contact about your application.
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us why you've chosen your field of study.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us what your plans are after your post-secondary education is complete.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us about one of the following: your ability to problem solve, work with others, and/or your dedication to the community.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us how you've overcome an obstacle.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us anything else about yourself you think the selection committee would like to know.
Past Scholarship Recipients
2022 Ava Kwak
2021 Maleigha McCulley
2020 Camila Espinoza Fernandez
2019 Carter Hoskins
2018 Caleb Arnold