Gene and Arlene Vincent Family Scholarship
Gene and Arlene Vincent have been a part of the Pleasant Valley Community School District and the Quad Cities Community for decades. The couple was married in Davenport in 1956 and had three children, Kent, Rene, and Brian, who all attended Pleasant Valley. Their eldest son Kent Vincent was the first PVCSD Wall of Honor Recipient.
Mr. Vincent worked for the Iowa State University Extension in Davenport for 30 years, serving in three different positions. He also served as a board member and president of the PV Booster Club. Mrs. Vincent taught art for 20 years at Pleasant Valley Junior High School.
The Vincents have a tradition of giving back to the community, with this PVEF Scholarship being the second scholarship they have endowed, the first at Iowa State University to honor their son Brian after his passing. They wish to continue supporting the students of PVCSD and encouraging them to pursue post-secondary education and a life full of learning.
Criteria to Apply:
- Must be attending Iowa State University
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or above
- Merit evaluated by academic achievement to date
- Merit evaluated by outstanding character
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us why you've chosen your field of study.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us what your plans are after your post-secondary education is complete.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us about one of the following: your ability to problem solve, work with others, and/or your dedication to the community.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us how you've overcome an obstacle.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us anything else about yourself you think the selection committee would like to know.
Past Scholarship Recipients
2022 Mukul Kulkarni
2021 Gauthaum Suresh
2020 Nicholas Bruinsma