World Language Department Achievement Scholarship
Students taking World Languages at Pleasant Valley can focus on French, Japanese, Spanish or American Sign Language. The World Languages department not only teaches the fundamentals of fluency, but also about the cultures of our world. This scholarship is one of 12 scholarships awarded and financed solely by the Pleasant Valley Educational Foundation, which raises funds through several events throughout the year. This scholarship honors a student who has excelled in this field of study. The awardee is chosen by the World Language Department faculty.
Each awardee will demonstrate the following:
1. Needs to be well prepared by their K-12 experiences and to pursue some form of post secondary education to expand and refine their skills and background
2. Academic Preparation – the ability to reason, solve problems, apply knowledge, and communicate effectively
3. Interpersonal Skills – the ability to work effectively with others
4. Professional Behaviors – responsibility and dependability
5. Community Mindedness – a commitment to being involved
Criteria to Apply:
- World Language faculty will select the senior applicant who best exemplifies the characteristics of the New Leaders’ Scholarship Program
- Plan to attend a college or vocational school upon graduation
Scholarship Personal Statement/Essay:
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us why you've chosen your field of study.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us what your plans are after your post-secondary education is complete.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us about one of the following: your ability to problem solve, work with others, and/or your dedication to the community.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us how you've overcome an obstacle.
- In less than 250 words (1700 characters), please tell us anything else about yourself you think the selection committee would like to know.
Click here to Apply for a Scholarship
Past Scholarship Recipients:
2022 Anika Schmidts
2021 Emma Engler
2020 Madeline Murphy
2019 Nicholas Moralez
2018 Jack Lynn
2017 Abigail Schaller
2016 Peter Molyneaux
2015 Shannon Crawford
2014 Alexandra Korndorf
2013 Kathryn Leidahl
2012 Ava Lynn
2011 Payton Strawser
2010 Emily Myers
2009 Kyle Woollums
2008 Jeffrey Ryder
2007 Anna Westlund
2006 Courtney Bohn
2005 John Westlund
2004 Laney Belk