It is course registration time! Please take a look below at the registration timeline, specific materials for your incoming grade level, and the FAQs. Please read and watch carefully to ensure that you get all the correct information. The Registration FAQ will have information as well as a place to submit questions if you are not able to find the answer. If students have specific questions about their course selection, counselors will be able to answer these during our individual meeting with them. Counselors have found that individual, in-person meetings are more efficient than email for answering any questions the student may have about course selection. Students are able to meet with their counselor multiple times if needed.
Watch the registration videos with your student and discuss course selections based on their current courses (course flow charts can be found in the Schedule of Course Book), interests, and future career/college choice. We encourage students to be active and own the course registration process to build the skills needed for when they leave PVHS. Here are some questions to facilitate that conversation if needed:
- What are you considering doing after you graduate from PVHS?
- What are some careers that you have thought about?
- What classes have you taken that you really enjoyed?
- What other subjects would you like to learn more about?
February 10th/11th (ALL STUDENTS):
- Students will receive a course registration sheet in one of their classes
- They are linked below for 100% online students and in case a student is absent or misplaces the sheet
February 18th - February 26th (IN-PERSON STUDENTS ONLY):
- Counselors will be in Study Hall to meet with students to confirm their registration sheets and answer any questions.
- Students must attend their individual meeting with their counselor during this time in study hall to ask questions and finalize their course requests.
- Your sheet does not need to be 100% completed to meet with your counselor, but you should have looked at the registration material prior to your meeting.
- If students do not have a study hall, counselors will be available during lunch, SSR, 8th period, and Fridays after early dismissal.
March 1st - March 5th (ONLINE STUDENTS ONLY):
- 100% online students will have appointments set up with their counselor to finalize course selection
- You will need to view the virtual Course Selection Sheets linked in this email to make your selections.
- Counselors will email students to set up a virtual meeting for course registration. Please wait until your counselor reaches out to you for any course registration questions (courses will not fill up).
March 12 (ALL STUDENTS):
- All course registrations need to be turned in.
April 1st (ALL STUDENTS):
- Last day to make any additional changes to registration -- after this date, course changes will not be honored.
Incoming 10th Grade Registration Materials
Incoming 11th Grade Registration Materials
Incoming 12th Grade Registration Materials