PV Preschool Enrollment
To enroll your child in the PV Preschool, please follow the steps below:
The preschool program is offered to students across the Pleasant Valley Community School District. The classes include general education students, and students with Individual Education Plans (IEPs) enrolled in the special education program. The program is led by teachers with special education and early childhood education certifications, with assistance from classroom aides. Generally, the class ratio is 12 students to 3 teachers.
Children must be 4 years old on or before September 15th of the year of attendance. Children with IEPs may attend beginning at age 3.
All general education students are assessed using a consistent screening instrument prior to enrollment in the preschool program. The purpose of the screening is to obtain a sampling of a child’s skills and behaviors. Information from the screening, along with other factors, such as previous preschool experience, as well as individual student needs, is used to determine student enrollment in the program.
If the student is eligible for enrollment, parents must provide the student’s birth certificate, record of immunizations and a current physical prior to the student’s start date. Your child will not be allowed to attend until all records are on file. Screenings are conducted each May for the following school year. Please complete the PV Preschool Inquiry Form to begin the screening process. You will be contacted to schedule your child's screening early in May.
Once your student has been screened and is approved to enroll in PV Preschool, please complete the Online Registration process according to the instructions below:
- If your family is new to the Pleasant Valley District, click here to to begin your registration with an email address, or click here if you do not have an email address.
- If your PK student is new to the district, and you have older students already attending PV, log into your Campus Parent Portal, click "More" in the lower left, then "Online Registration."
- If it is after May 1 and you have not yet completed registration for your other students for the coming year, you can add your new PK student at the same time that you register your older students by selecting "Click Here to go to Existing Student Registration." There will be an opportuinty on the Students tab to add your new PK student.
- If it is prior to May 1 OR if you have already completed registration for your older students for the coming year, select "Click Here to go to New Student Registration". (Note that you do not need to enter your existing student information, just your new PK student.)
- If your PK student attended PV Preschool last year and is returning, log into your Campus Parent Portal, click "More" in the lower left, then "Online Registration." On the next screen, select "Click Here to go to Existing Student Registration." This option is avaialble starting in May for the coming school year. (Note that all students in your family attending PV will also be listed and this will complete the coming year's registration for all of them.)
Be sure to provide any forms that you were required to print during Online Registration to your Attendance Center. Need a copy of a required Preschool form?